Monday, October 20, 2008

Struggle till I got a job after engineering

Till I was in 8th semester, I was very anxious about my future roadmap. During the four years of my college life I remembered my father's quote "I have allocated this much fund for your degree, its upto you, if you want to spend it in 1 year(by failing repetitively) or want to complete your degree. Then the day came, after completion of the degree, I have one degree(thans to U.P.Tech. University) and one job offer(thanks to GLA, my college) about which I was not having any clue, when they will give me the joining date. From that day my fight to get a job started, till I find a great offer in December 2005 to join Tech Mahindra in Jan 2006. The wait was over on that day.
But 6 months spend in this struggle, were needless to say very tough. I learnt a lot during this period. I got a job offer with my friend Dheeraj for monthly salary of Rs. 5000. Huge amount for a jobless fellow. We joined there, but opposite to our expectation there was nothing technical in that job so we left on that same evening, and I was again back to square one. I shifted from one place to other place, then to 3rd place and then to 4th place.

On one fine day I went to Mathura(No guess, it is my hometown), and in the evening I got to know that remaining 5 of my flatmates went to attend a walkin, and out of them 4 got selected. Another one day story in my blog.

I did not leave any stone unturned in that duration. Be it my friend, senior of college, relative, friend of relative, I contacted them all. And from one of them i got such a advice to update my resume onto NAUKRI.com as if I was not aware of all this. Anyways I want to end this blog on a happy nod, that in the end I got what anyone can ask for at a level when he was a out-of-college-6-months-old-jobless-electronics engineer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GREAT TO read a reader's story.....now who started WRITING :-)

BEST OF LUCH MY FRIEND