Sunday, January 11, 2009

resolution for 2008

The day on which I took the resolution, I was in Pune and it was 31st December 2007, and I was having a good time with friends (Lokesh and Anuj) in the on 31st evening. Although all three of have joined gym which was in our society's vicinity by that time, but no significant improvement was there by that time. In the beginning I shall write that I and Lokesh have joined gym in order to loose some extra pounds that we have earned till 24 years of our life, and on the contrary Anuj joined that gym to increase his waistline.
On that day I along with Lokesh took a New Year resolution that we shall go to all the lengths to reduce the potbelly. While exploring all the options to achieve this target we also had to consider the fact that we can not spend much effort in this complete exercise. Right from the days when we joined above-mentioned-local-gym, we had started taken all precautions for not to take more calories in complete day. Day started with 1.30 hour exercise in the gym, in which emphasis was on cardio section, after coming back, lime water with honey, and fresh fruits/tea and upma was our schedule for breakfast. But in spite taking all the precautions and regulatory measures differences were not clearly visible. So we looked out for another option and that was in terms of better facilities in Gym and this search ended at Endurance Gym, where we both opted for a quarterly membership. By this time Anuj left us and he remained busy in his office work.
I spent almost 2.5-3 hours per day, and all courtesy to Capgemini Company in which I did not get a project, and was on bench for 3 and half month. Lokesh was not able to continue that gym after I guess approximately 1 month of joining, as he got a lot of work pressure from his organization, and to complete that he had to go to office on weekends as well. So I was left alone to go to the gym (after Anuj and Lokesh withdraw from this). From that time my endless journey continues till time. After certain duration of approx. 20-25 days, running on treadmill turned into a pastime for me, this earlier was a nightmare for me. I started getting compliments from my friends that I am looking slimmer, which motivated me a lot, and I changed my allotted schedule which was designed by the instructor, as per my mind. I started doing cardio a lot. And a lot means a lot, as to 2 sets of 20 minutes running on treadmill, 2 sets of 20 minutes on elliptical and 2 sets of 15 minutes on cycle. And the best part in this complete stay in gym was that we could have listen to good music as per our choice as we can plug our headphones onto the treadmill and listen to whatever we wanted to. My daily schedule of gym became mechanical, as I used to read my weight twice once before and once after exercise, and then to write down this on a notebook to compare my efforts of any particular day. Once someone was wearing a tee-shirt with tag line as "Play hard or go home" which I liked a lot in that duration, as that line motivated me a lot during my exercise duration.
When I came to Mathura(my native place), it was a shocker to my parents as they too had never seen me so lean. They told me this as I was appearing weak to them. I have changed my place from Pune to Gurgaon, I have changed 2 gyms but one thing that remains constant was regular running. I still run for almost 3.5 KM per day. Once my manager asked me what positives you have seen in this organization, I told him that I am able to spend time for gym in almost 95% of the cases which is a biggest positive that I have seen in this organization.
Once I was calculating and I came to know that I have run for almost 750 KM during this complete duration, and this much distance is as good as going to Mathura 5 times from Delhi. The compliments and the confidence which I got from this weight lose were worth spending so much efforts and sweat. Year 2008 is now finished but my resolution passed on to the subsequent year as well, as now I want to keep my body fit.

No comments: