Saturday, November 22, 2008

2000-2001, one year of sheer endeavor

It was not clear for me which way should I go after completion of 12th due to lack of exposure. After so many round of suggestions and expert advices, preparation of engineering entrance in Kota seems to be the right option for me. So I reached Kota along with my brother and my father. I got admission in Career Point despite several starting glitches. Me, my brother and one of our friend from Mathura(Ashutosh) were companion in that 1 year long journey. We used to stay together in 2BHK flat in Dadabari, Kota. Irrespective of this being 8 year old story, I am able to recall all the incidents that took place over there.
Ambiance at that place was awesome, people used to study till wee hours of morning, and then rush to morning classes, a nap in afternoon, a evening walk to relieve stress and then again late night studies. Fortnightly tests were also there to make sure that we do not relax in between our studies, and result of that tests were displayed on the notice board. There were so many mess in and around that place, and food of those were really amazing. We opted for Anand mess, owner of which was a real good fellow. We used to go to his place for lunch/dinner on the days specially when there were cricket matches of India.To accommodate to a suitable place on the match day was also a big fight at that time. A hospital was also there in the close vicinity my place, actually it was a community hospital, which charges a mere Rs.10.
I admire each and every faculty at that place, be it Sonal Rajora/shailendra Maheshwari/Pramod maheshwari and so many whose names I am not able to recall now. Each and every faculty have their own way to present things, and make them interesting for us. And this was there charisma that even in long classes of 1.5 hours we rarely slept. There was a teacher of mathematics who used to say that feel the problem, and then only you will be able to solve the numerical. Pramod Maheshwari has his own approach to solve every physics numerical. He always divides the board in 3 parts to solve the problem, and interestingly every problem ends in bottom side part of the 3rd portion of the board. It means that board was just too perfect to solve the purpose.
After spending some time there, we were now familiar with our land lord who also resides there on the ground floor of that flat. We utilised this relation with our land lord and later on our place to see the match shifted to there guest room.In our leisure time we explored some options over there. There was Chambal Garden, which was not too far from our place and we used to go there occasionally. Onion kachoris and Dashara fare were also some of the major attractions of that place.
When I talk in terms of the output, or what did I gain from that place, it was a mixed feeling. I cleared IIT-JEE screening exam 2 times, but due to lack of interest in Organic Chemistry or I must say Chemistry, I was not able to clear the IIT mains exam, because in that exam each section has its individual cut-off. Finally this 1 year training course turn out be BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW.Finally with that preparation I got some rank in UPSEE exam, and I was fortunate enough that I got admission in a college near to my place. Later on this turned out to BE A BLESSING IN THE DISGUISE and at this moment I should not BEAT THE DEAD HORSE. But there were some positives to take away from that place as well, I got to know how to handle the crunch situation. That preparation helped me in my engineering exams, and I did fairly well in those.

No comments: