Sunday, November 2, 2008

Training days in Tech Mahindra, Pune

If you are regular reader of my blog, then you must have read my earlier blog (Interview in Tech Mahindra- Key to success). After that interview and some anxious moments(I must say days) I got my offer letter, but not true to my expectation joining was in Pune and to make matters worse it was approx. 7 days after receiving offer letter. I was in Noida at that time so I asked my father to book a ticket for me for Pune, and he did this booking in tatkal category in Jhelum express of 25th January 2006. That complete boggie was for tatkal category, and after some time I come to know that there were some more colleagues of mine(Saurabh, Anubha,Prerna,Rajesh,Aditi) in that same compartment although I was not aware about this.
Then there comes a girl(Abha) with her father from Bhopal in the same compartment, and whose seat was in front of mine only.But due to some misunderstanding her seat was given to some one else, but after some talk she got her seat back. I mentioned about Abha, because she was the first one in my friends list from Tech Mahindra batch who joined on 27th Jan 2006. Cutting short this train journey, I reached Pune on 26th Jan, and with one of my friend Himanshu Khanna(from my college) I left from station to his house in Karve Nagar. Next morning he helped me to reach to my office at Nul Stop. On 27th Jan 2006 we got our hotel rooms allotted with one room mate in a twin sharing room. My first booking in hotel till that time. And my room mate was Anand Singh(CS batch). During that 7 days stay in hotel I met some good friends of my life(Saurabh Jain, Anand Singh, Rajesh Dwivedi,Gautam Berry, Gaurav Bhatnagar, Parvesh Minocha, Puneet Wadhwa, Anuj Yadav, Arvind bhai(CS batch), Amit Khetan, Ankit Agrawal, Arun Taneja, Ashish Singhal, Ramit Chauhan, Navdeep Malik, Shailesh Gupta,Pattem Prasad, Kumaran) whose friendship I will cherish for the life time. There started our technical training in Seed Infotech, Prabhat Road in supervision of Gauri mam. I am sure nobody will forget her name. At Seed Infotech I met some more friends (Aditi, Anubha, Ananda, Minu, Natasha, Roopali,Lipika,Shweta,Nidhi). and then after 7 days we shifted in to a flat along with our flat mates.
Anand, Me, Saurabh, and Arun were the lucky one to share the flat that too with lot many manipulation with Tech Mahindra admin incharge(Jeetendra Mahajan aka jeetu). And this points onward our 3 month long journey for technical training started with keeping this point in mind that if we will not be able to clear our 7 exams in 10 attempts then we will be out of Tech Mahindra. Yes this was true and about this Abha alerted me in Train and after some time Umesh Ganjale (Tech Mahindra) confirmed this.
To expect from electronics and communication engineer to clear exams of Java, C++, Oracle, SQL, Unix, Testing concept and DBMS concept in mere 5/2 days of classes was enough to make matter worse, and if this alone was not enough we were supposed to clear these exams by creating programs for the problem statement, those were allotted to us on the run. Needless to mention if Gauri mam would not be there I am sure I would not be in Tech Mahindra at the first place, and I am sure all my friends must be in agreement of this statement. In unix exam I got meager 20 marks(boundary value), and for this exam i was confident that I will secure good marks, as I completed this exam in less than 75% of allotted time, I am still amazed how Amit managed to complete this exam in just 20-30 minutes out of 2 hours. In SQL paper one of my friends asked me to show the answersheet (no prize for guess as she was asking for cheating). I told her that I will give you my answersheet, and u can copy whatever you want to. I said this simply without having any bad intention, but later on I came to know that this had shown my arrogance nature to that girl. Anubha was the topper in that exam and got 19 marks out of 20 and we(We means Ananda, Anubha, Aditi, Saurabh,Ankit and me) got our first treat in Pune after our job. And Ankit if you remember our situation ahead of C++ module, we were literally nervous for this exam as I was not able to understood anything in that module. And the colleagues who are reading this blog must remember the face of Navdeep, whom I have never seen tensed. Even with more than 1 failure in any exam he was not tensed. I should really learn how to remain cool in such situation from Navdeep.
And as it is written all is well that ends well. We all who joined Tech Mahindra in 27th January batch and were colleague were more or less in the same situation. And we all managed to clear all the exams, and managed to join Tech Mahindra successfully. Hats off to our hard work and patience. I wish all the best to all of us in our career.

No comments: